Pacific Post Partum Support
Pacific Post Partum Support Society supports women and men who are struggling during pregnancy or after the birth or adoption of a child.
Some of these difficult adjustments may include:
- crying for no apparent reason
- numbness or feelings of helplessness
- frightening or intrusive thoughts
- depression ranging from sadness to suicidal thoughts
- anxiety or panic attacks
- anger and aggression
- feelings of resentment toward the baby
The Pacific Post Partum Support Society is based in the Lower Mainland but supports parents throughout British Columbia by offering:
1.Telephone support: experienced postpartum counsellors offer telephone support, information and referrals five days a week. The toll free number is: 855-255-7999.
2. Information in print: information packages are available to individuals and professionals at no cost. There is also a Self-Help Guide published by the Society that is available for purchase.
Please note: women may seek support at any time from pregnancy until their child is 3 years old.